KENINGAU, SABAH, MALAYSIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travel by bus is safe for woman? (single traveler)

5 posters

Go down

Travel by bus is safe for woman? (single traveler) Empty Travel by bus is safe for woman? (single traveler)

Post  miaospec Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:41 am

Hi. I have never had the experience of riding a bus for travel. I will go to UMS in KK next week to send car to my sister, then I need to go back to Kunak by bus (alone). Who has experience riding the bus alone? Is it safe for women traveling alone? Have you ever had a bad experience or been harassed?

miaospec

Back to top Go down

Travel by bus is safe for woman? (single traveler) Empty Re: Travel by bus is safe for woman? (single traveler)

Post  cabbagemint Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:53 am

If you are a budget traveler, then riding a bus is the best option because it's affordable. Also you will have to be careful if you are traveling alone.

cabbagemint

Back to top Go down

Travel by bus is safe for woman? (single traveler) Empty Re: Travel by bus is safe for woman? (single traveler)

Post  catwang Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:57 am

miaospec wrote:Hi. I have never had the experience of riding a bus for travel. I will go to UMS in KK next week to send car to my sister, then I need to go back to Kunak by bus (alone). Who has experience riding the bus alone? Is it safe for women traveling alone? Have you ever had a bad experience or been harassed?

I had good experience so far, riding bus is quite convenient nowadays thanks to internet, you can do bus ticketing online without going to the counter and do it manually.

catwang

Back to top Go down

Post  miaospec Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:15 am

cabbagemint wrote:If you are a budget traveler, then riding a bus is the best option because it's affordable. Also you will have to be careful if you are traveling alone.

Yes I'm on budget while planning to travel. Where do you book your bus? Is it over the counter?

miaospec

Back to top Go down

Post  miaospec Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:17 am

catwang wrote: I had good experience so far, riding bus is quite convenient nowadays thanks to internet, you can do bus ticketing online without going to the counter and do it manually.

Which app or website that you are using? Can share a bit? Very Happy

miaospec

Back to top Go down

Post  boombee87 Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:29 am

I am frequently travel alone by bus. My advise, choose single seat, in the middle or front is better, dont choose seat at the back. Better purchase ticket online so you can choose your seat. Nowadays got many platform to buy ticket, easybook, busonlinticket, redbus etc. try to compare which platform offers best deal
boombee87
boombee87

miaospec likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  chuge Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:33 am

cabbagemint wrote:If you are a budget traveler, then riding a bus is the best option because it's affordable. Also you will have to be careful if you are traveling alone.

yes need to be extra careful when travel alone especially for a woman. do not choose midnight timing. terminal will be super creepy at midnight No

chuge

Back to top Go down

Post  miaospec Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:01 am

boombee87 wrote:I am frequently travel alone by bus. My advise, choose single seat, in the middle or front is better, dont choose seat at the back. Better purchase ticket online so you can choose your seat. Nowadays got many platform to buy ticket, easybook, busonlinticket, redbus etc. try to compare which platform offers best deal

Awesome! Any recommendation on which app has the best deals like promos and perks? Very Happy

miaospec

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbagemint Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:04 am

chuge wrote:

yes need to be extra careful when travel alone especially for a woman. do not choose midnight timing. terminal will be super creepy at midnight No

Omg Ikr and I never travel alone at night, that's so dangerous!

cabbagemint

Back to top Go down

Post  catwang Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:10 am

miaospec wrote:

Awesome! Any recommendation on which app has the best deals like promos and perks? Very Happy

Redbus not bad tho, I'm currently a new user and I got RM20 upon sign up, I think it's by default.

catwang

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbagemint Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:42 am

catwang wrote:

Redbus not bad tho, I'm currently a new user and I got RM20 upon sign up, I think it's by default.

Not just for new user, as a frequent traveler, I'm entitled for promo codes too around 50% off.

cabbagemint

Back to top Go down

Post  chuge Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:25 pm

cabbagemint wrote:
chuge wrote:

Omg Ikr and I never travel alone at night, that's so dangerous!

There was one time my bus stuck in traffic jammed, arrived at terminal around 2am, went to the toilet and kena 'kacau'. pale

chuge

Back to top Go down

Post  boombee87 Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:31 pm

cabbagemint wrote:
catwang wrote:

Not just for new user, as a frequent traveler, I'm entitled for promo codes too around 50% off.

Woww 50% discount? How to get it?
boombee87
boombee87

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbagemint Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:12 am

boombee87 wrote:

Just insert the promo code BUSSPASS via the Redbus app will do Laughing

cabbagemint

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbagemint Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:15 am

chuge wrote:

There was one time my bus stuck in traffic jammed, arrived at terminal around 2am, went to the toilet and kena 'kacau'. pale

OMG did you seek for help around? Crying or Very sad You will definitely need to reschedule your time for the next ride! Stay safe!

cabbagemint

Back to top Go down

Post  boombee87 Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:26 pm

cabbagemint wrote:
boombee87 wrote:

Just insert the promo code BUSSPASS via the Redbus app will do Laughing

Naissss, thx a lot!! Wil use this 4 ma next trip!
boombee87
boombee87

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down